Saturday, October 28, 2006

Hello cake lovers

This is my new blog, and it's all about cake and my attempts to make them. I'm not saying I'm fantastic or anything so don't be expecting the Statue of Liberty in sugarcraft, truth be told my cakes aren't usually very pretty but on the whole taste good and that's enough for me. I'm not here to show off either. If I f*ck up as I so often do, then the results will be here for all to see. Baking is just something I enjoy doing. I have a obsessively large collection of bakeware and always have every type of sugar and flour ready and waiting in the cupboard in case the baking bug strikes.

I'm mum (or mom, as is said round here) to 2 cake-loving children so my oven is kept very busy (so to speak) Boy is 5 years old and Girl is 14 months. She can already say 'cake' and has a penchant for lemon poppyseed muffins from Cafe Nero. I've been trying to recreate them myself but they aren't the same just yet. I have a husband who doesn't eat chocolate but I try not to hold that against him. Ok, I bloody hate that he doesn't eat chocolate. He's a freak, a freak of nature dammit!

The 'Rock' element of the blog title relates to my love of very noisy expletive-ridden music, mostly enjoyed in my car where I can sing as badly as I like and no-one can hear me.

So that's me. I hope you enjoy reading as it gives me an excuse to take pictures of my cakes. If nobody read then it would make me look quite sad.

5 comments:

Bex said...

I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing all about your baking adventures!

Claire said...

Yep, just sorting out some pics now and hopefully should have my first proper post soon

Unknown said...

Yay for cakes! Do you faithfully promise to publish any disasters as well as triumphs?!! Not that I think there will be any, but it gives me hope!

Claire said...

Yes Janice, I promise! It does happen a lot, hence the term Bad Things Happen. I get scared of turning cakes out, icing, cutting in half and my nemesis, cream cheese icing.

Sara said...

More cakes please!