Friday, November 03, 2006

I saw one!!!

This, for the uninitiated, is a KitchenAid Artisan in Tangerine. I have wanted one sooo much and for so long and it is untrue. I've only ever seen that colour on the internet and because of it's hefty price tag it just remained in my top 10 things to daydream about getting for my 30th birthday. I occasionally ogle the red, cream, silver and purple ones I see out and about but they don't quite do it for me in the same way as the orange one does. Orange is my favourite colour and features heavily in my house.

I called into a cookshop today to get some cake boards and It was there, right in front of me. I think I might have cried a bit, like I'd seen a newborn lamb or something. (Yes, I am mad, thought you'd have noticed by now) The man was a bit offhand with me and my paltry £1.80 worth of purchases but as soon as I started asking him about £296 mixers he was more personable (funny that!) Then he said something that made my heart sink. 'Yeah, these old colours are on special offer till they sell through then when they new colours come in they will be £349' OLD COLOURS!!! DISCONTINUED!! NOOOOOOOOO!

I'm not 30, I'm 28.
It's not Christmas yet, and even so it's a big ask from the fella in red (Santa that is)
I haven't got a spare £300 lying around.

It's now or never. If my arms hadn't been full of bags and 20lbs of baby I'd have probably had my credit card out quicker than you could say 'Your husband is going to kill you'. So I just went home. Boo hoo.

3 comments:

Moi said...

Do it! Do it!

Treat yourself, because you're worth it. (Said in a Loreal stylee)

Lou said...

Oohhh you should SOOOO do it - you'll never get the chance when the 'old colours' are discontinued!!

P.S. my request would be cupcakes please....

Rachel said...

I have a bright aqua one (crystal blue, I think it's called) and I love it!