Thursday, November 30, 2006

When Bad Things Happen

I'm very tired, a little bit burnt and extremely annoyed. And I'm not nice when I'm annoyed.

Tomorrow is Boy's school Christmas Fayre and they need stuff for the cake stall. Excellent I think, as I love making loads of things for that. I decided to make carrot cake, chocolate brownies and gingerbread men. I started at 7pm with the carrot cake, got that done, did everything else while it was cooling, went to put the icing on it and cut it up and OMG it was awful! Looking at the inside it is like a dense sticky mass, nothing like cake at all. It was the first time I'd tried this particular recipe as I know other people who had tried it and said it was really good. I have no idea what went wrong, maybe I didn't weight something correctly, I'll never know as it is sitting in the bin now. I'm not even going to think about the waste of food, money and time or I might cry! I don't feel confident enough about the brownies either so I will just keep those for at home.

I'm off to bed to sulk now, at least I have bypassed the urge to throw out all my baking things. Thank goodness for the gingerbread men as it's all I have to take in tomorrow.

No comments: