Saturday, December 16, 2006

Carrot conspiracy

I'm not having much luck with carrot cake lately. First off there was this one I had to bin and now my tried and tested ancient Crank's recipe let me down. I've had my Crank's book since I was 15, it's so old all the pages are yellowing and have begun to fall out but I can't find a new one. It's not the recipe that is strictly to blame, I might have put the wrong flour in. I have some wholemeal flour but couldn't remember if it was self-raising or plain as it is in a storage jar that I didn't label. We had a problem a while back with those creepy crawly things you get in flour (weevils? I call them that anyway as it's a fantastic word) and they wiped out everything in my cupboard so now I make sure everything is sealed up in jars. Where the hell do they come from?
Well needless to say I ended up with a carroty brick, another total waste of ingredients! I do some stupid things sometimes. The bit missing off the end my mom ate and said it was nice but I don't trust her judgement, she likes eating burnt toast and dried up old breadrolls.

Must do better must do better must do better.

No comments: