Anyhow, continuing my obsession with mini muffin cases I decided to make my cupcakes teeny sized. Boy expressed a preference for Jelly Tots and I made them festive and green too. The recipe I use exactly fills 24 mini muffin cases or 12 cupcake cases so they are rounded and full when baked, but not overflowing or 12 muffin cases that are to be filled up with icing to the top Nigella-style. I like the way they don't peak and need trimming down before icing, they just go into a nice dome with minimal cracking on top. They are so light and fluffy too and don't stick to the cases.
4oz/110g butter (softened) or margarine
4oz/110g golden caster sugar
4oz/110g self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to Gas 5/190c
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and well combined
- Add the eggs and whisk until incorpotated
- Add the sifted flour and fold/whisk in until mixture is fluffy with no lumps!!
- Divide between 12 cupcake, 24 mini muffin or 12 muffin cases.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes (depending on size of cakes) until a pale golden colour.
- Ice with buttercream, frosting, sprinkles, Smarties, chocolate etc etc etc!!