Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Blueberry Muffins

I bought a cheap punnet of blueberries and was looking for something exciting to make with them but inspiration was lacking so muffins it was. I haven't got a tried and tested muffin recipe so turned to Google and ended up even more confused than ever. Some recipes are made of some very dodgy things and others are just extra ingredients added to cake mix. Where is the fun in that? Most of them claim to be the 'bestest ever in the world x1000' (exaggerating now) so I took a stab in the dark and just chose one that hadn't got weird stuff in and they were fantastic! The recipe does seem a bit odd with the quantities but who am I to argue? I added some demerara sugar and cinnamon to the top as well. I'm also running out of ways to photograph my cakes, can you tell?

Blueberry Muffins
Makes 12

2 eggs
1 cup milk (250ml)
1/4 cup melted butter

1.5 cups plain flour
3tsp baking powder
half tsp salt
2tbsp white sugar

1 cup blueberries
1/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup white sugar

  • In a small bowl, whisk first 3 ingredients together till the sugar has dissolved
  • In a large bowl mix the next 4 ingredients.
  • Stir the wet ingredients into the dry
  • Add the blueberries, flour and sugar and gently fold in
  • Fill 12 muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes at 190c/Gas 5

No comments: